Here are some of the recent garlic descriptions and color codes for our garlic:
• Inchelium Red- Softneck that is excellent for roasting. Discovered on the Colville Indian Reservation in Washington State. One of the best-tasting softneck garlics with a mild but lingering flavor. Stores til January. RED
• Chesnok Red- Excellent-tasting hard neck garlic, originally from the Republic of Georgia. Earthy lingering flavor with a unique zesty bite. One of the best baking and cooking garlics. Will store through December. PINK
• Shantung Purple- Extra-flavorful chinese Turban has 6-8 beautiful rose and beige cloves. Cook for a strong earthy flavor, or eat raw for a fiery heat! Stores thu Oct. PURPLE
• German Extra Hardy- Great raw! Slice thin on crackers. An addictive garlic taste, with full flavor. Big, easy to peel cloves. For cooking put in at end of heating. Keeps to Nov. BLUE
(Note The Blue color code was used for Dukanskij Aug 3-17)
• Brown Tempest- Robust garlic flavor for true garlic lovers A very
strong, tangy quality when used raw. Milder but delicious when cooked.
Perfect roasted with potatoes, meats and stews. An easy to peel hardneck
garlic. Stores thru Nov.
• Siberian- An outstanding strain originally grown by peasants for
market. The fat, dark brown cloves peel easily and taste strong. Good in
stir fry, soups, stews and potato dishes. Will store through December.
• Shatili- Excellent in green chile and curries. Intense, spicy flavor stays strong through cooking. High in medicinal compounds. Gorgeous hardneck originally from the Republic of Georgia. Keeps thru Dec. BLACK
• Persian Star- Spicy, exotic, and very flavorful. Try on salads, in
dips or in pesto. Great with green beans and veggies! Slice thinly and
serve on crackers. Originally from Uzbekistan. Stores through