Thursday, October 1, 2020

Is the market safe to come to?

Many people are just coming to the market for the first time this season, and many of you haven't come yet. I've been asked what the market is like, how crowded it is and does it seem safe. First of all, it does seem safe. The Boulder County health department has imposed VERY strict rules on our operation. Everyone wears masks, and there are strict limits on how many people can be on the street at one time. Customers walk one-way only to keep things spacious.

At my stand there is a barrier to remind folks to keep back. Customers don't touch the garlic - I will get it for you from the bins. Much of it is pre-bagged.  For payment I use a no-contact system by accepting cash that you will put in my "money basket" and I have a stash of money that hasn't been touched for a week to use to give you change. I accept credit cards through Square, and will have you swipe it. 

AND the market is still fun to be at! I have more time to talk with customers (sometimes), and there are not big crowds to deal with. The people who come seem very happy to be there and to get fresh farm grown food! It's not a carnival atmosphere, but more food-oriented.

Garlic of the week is Korean Red Hot



"A culinary treasure from Asia. Eaten raw, robust flavor will wake up your mouth!  A superb cooking garlic. Spicy and mellow at first, then with building heat. Will keep until November. "